Resident Partner, UAE, & VAT Expert
Pratik is a Partner with Dhruva Advisors specializing in Indirect Taxes, risk management and process consulting from Indirect Tax perspective and also acted as an advisor to Special Economic Zone Committee. He has worked in diverse projects related to VAT & GST policy and procedures, representation to Ministry of Finance, providing Training to Government officials, Represented Government authority for identifying issues of Trade & Industry from GST perspective and an active member of CII – Western Region. His major skills include Taxation Structuring, Supply-Chain Reengineering from indirect tax perspective, Project Management and providing innovative solution to complex tax issues. Prior to joining Dhruva, Pratik has Taxation Services experience with Ernst & Young, India and also with SKP Business Consulting LLP. Pratik is an active speaker to share his views and thought leadership with FICCI (Real Estate Division), ICAI, ASSOCHAM, CII, NASSCOM, All India Federation of Tax Practioners Association, Indian Petrochem - Internation Conference, PHD Chamber of Commerce, Indo-German Chamber of Commerce, Indo-French Chamber of Commerce, Swiss Business Hub, UK Trade & Investment. Separately, his views are regularly captured by various prominent Tax Portals, International Tax Review Magazine, leading Business News Channels and Print Media. Pratik has led the team of more than 55 indirect tax professionals who was involved in training more than 3000 government official on Indirect Tax regime in India and global. He is a regular contributor to World Bank Group for their Doing Business guide published annually.
Implementation of GST
- Have been engaged in assisting companies in Real Estate, Pharma, Healthcare, Chemical and FMCG segment to analyse the business impact on introduction of GST in region and implement the same.
- Providing Alternate business strategy to mitigate the tax exposure and arrive at tax optimum business structure considering business and other commercial constraint.
- Seamless working with IT Expert to ensure successful implementation of new regime in alignment with Global requirements.
Infrastructure & Indirect Tax Incentives
- Infrastructure in India is always on Prime priority list of Government in India and hence is eligible for various tax exemptions and concessions.
- Have been involved in business structuring of clients in various segments in Infrastructure verticle to ensure in-depth industry knowledge is used to avail tax incentives and concessions.
PAN India VAT Compliance
- Handled multi-state VAT Compliance across 30 states for various Fortune 500 companies.
- Successfully represented the client before Tax authorities during Assessment and Litigation stage.
- Developed an exhaustive Management Information System report for updating status of various compliances in a month and upcoming key tasks to be performed.
- Made representation to state government and central government officials for necessary amendment in VAT provisions in country.
- Have been a part of counselling committee wherein shared inputs with Finance Minister for necessary changes in state tax provisions.
Setting-up of Free Trade Zones
- Was involved in obtaining approvals and necessary policy representations for first Free Trade Zones in India.
- Handled setting-up of Special Economic Zones & Free Trade Zones across diversified sectors.
- Gained expertise in structuring business transactions and contracts in large EPC contracts.
- Vendor negotiation assistance from Tax clause perspective.
- Evaluate various business alternatives for tax efficient mode of operation.
- Helped in evaluating Bid and Tender documents.
- Developed tools and templates for implementation of new Tax regime in region.
- An active committee member of Indirect Tax Special Interest Group – Covering representatives of different countries.
- Contributed articles for National GST Conclave compendium wherein the same is endorsed by Hon. Finance Minister of India.
- Written Articles about Changing landscape of Logistics & Real Estate sector in India.
Areas of Expertise
- VAT Implementation & Impact Assessment
- PAN India VAT Compliances
- GST Implementation
- Setting-up of Free Trade Zones
- Foreign Trade Incentives
- Due Diligence
- Indirect Tax Process Reviews
- Real Estate & Hospitality
- Power, Road, Airport & Port
- Banking and Financial Services
- Oil & Gas
- Pharma, Healthcare & Chemical
- Bachelor of Commerce, India
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Chartered Accountant, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, India
- Advanced Diploma in Indirect Taxes
- Panel member of Confederation of Indian Industry – CII