Indirect Tax Expert
Ritesh is the Indirect Tax Partner in Dhruva Advisors. Prior to joining Dhruva, he was a partner with Economic Laws Practice and prior to that he was in Deloitte. Ritesh has worked in indirect taxes in different roles over the past 17 years.
He has been actively engaged with various Indian and multi-national clients providing end to end advise on Indirect taxes. He regularly advises clients on indirect tax structuring and supply chain optimization. As a part of the offering, he has undertaken various optimisation exercise for clients resulting in bottom line savings. Ritesh has also been advising clients on VAT State provisions at an all India level.
- Advise on Foreign Trade Policy issues has been one of his key areas of proficiency over the years. He has been actively involved in implementation of various key ideas by engaging with the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (Ministry of Commerce). He has assisted clients in representing significant issues before the DGFT and has also appeared before the various committees setup by DGFT. The results achieved in some of those cases are unprecedented.
- He is also actively engaged with NASSCOM in representing some of the key areas of concern under the Foreign Trade Policy for the IT/ITES industry. Ritesh is also a recognised expert in India’s export control legislation and has been advising various multi-national clients and foreign law firms on coverage under the India’s SCOMET list and licensing.
- He has also attended various Indian and international seminars to speak on the subject giving an India perspective of the regulations.
- Ritesh has been actively engaged in GST implementation in India of various Multi-National and Indian clients which involves impact assessment, structuring of transactions, advocacy, undertaking transition, etc. He possesses expertise in advising changes required in accounting systems considering new law (GST in India). He specializes in both manufacturing and services sector with special focus on logistics, telecom, government related services, etc.
- Ritesh has undertaken tax reviews for large telecom companies in India.
- He has an extensive experience in advisory and litigation in the areas of Foreign Trade Policy, Central Excise, Customs, Service Tax, Value Added Tax / Central Sales Tax including appearances before Indirect tax Tribunals / Appellate Authorities.
- Apart from advisory, Ritesh has also been assisting clients on tax controversies including devising pre-litigation strategies. He has assisted clients in handling tax raids and inquiries and also appears before the administrative and judicial forums on indirect tax matters.
- He has represented clients on Policy level matters before Government authorities at multiple instances. He has also been assisting clients on All India VAT litigations and appears before various State level forums on client matters.
Areas of Expertise
- Indirect Taxes
- Internal Control
- Financial Services
- Real estate
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Law
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Chartered Accountant, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India